Equine Health & Emergency First Aid
Time & Location
About the Event
Equine First Aid is the assistance provided to your horse, until you can arrange veterinary care, preparing your horse for transport to the vet; or in extreme circumstances when a veterinarian is not available - what you can do for your horse.
Presented by Adelle Stewart from Prime Equine.
This fun and interactive day will cover:
- Rules of First Aid and your role
- How to take proper vital signs techniques and what to watch for
- Conditioning your horse to accept treatment
- Pain source identification
- Alleviating back pain
- Stretching for injury prevention
- Assessing lacerations and punctures
- Understanding basic anatomy
- Proper bandaging and wrapping techniques
- Wound care
- Digestive distress - Colic, Ulcers, Choke & what you can do until the vet arrives
- Cast recovery, collapse, and shock
- Hoof issues – recognition of early intervention protocols
This course curriculum is developed by Board Certified Veterinarians, Certified Farriers, Equine Chiropractors and governed by Equi-Health Canada and eligible for continuing education credits
All materials and equines are provided, just bring yourself, a chair and your lunch! Participants receive a comprehensive manual, and a certificate of completion.
***SALE*** $129 from now until Sept 20!!